Friday 16 January 2015

Mars Xtra Chocolate

Like most people, I get excited over the little things in life: May it be finding an extra fiver in your pocket or a new chocolate bar being released. In this case you will have probably worked out that it is the chocolate bar because this is a food blog and it would be pretty random of me to just post something along the lines of; 'Look guys, I just found a fiver!' Anyway, I digress...

I can't actually remember the last time I had a Mars bar, well that was remedied last night with this new 'Xtra Choc' limited edition Mars bar! The bar is has chocolate nougat, with a layer of chocolatey caramel and then coated in the typical Mars bar chocolate. I am one of those weirdos that bite all of the chocolate off first, then eats the caramel and finally the nougat, but for the purpose of this review I ate half of it normally so that I could give it a full and comprehensive review. 
When eaten as one whole unit at intended it was quite an intense chocolate hit that was rather enjoyable, a variety of textures and tastes that all worked very well together. The chocolatey nougat was my favourite bit because of the flavour being perfectly sweet and indulgent. 
Overall I rather enjoyed this bar, it was a nice treat to have at the end of the day. It left me satisfied and gave me a much needed chocolate fix. It was a nice deviation from the classic Mars bar, all whilst retaining the classics components that make it a Mars bar!



Rating - 8.75/10
Vegan - No
Buy Again - Yes
Calories - 228

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...