Saturday 17 October 2015

Branston Spaghetti

When I think of spaghetti, my mind immediately goes to Heinz, and I would never think of deviating from Heinz. They are a tried and tested brand whose recipe has been perfected, but today whilst perusing the shelves in my local Tesco, I came across this tin of Branston spaghetti. I was intrigued, what could Branston bring to the plate (pardon the pun, but I couldn't resist) that other competitors could not? Because surely you can't really vary spaghetti in a tomato sauce all that much. 

So I opened the tin, with a little apprehension, and emptied it into my bowl and cooked for three minutes so that it was piping hot. The spaghetti itself was short cut which I think that I preferred because there is a better sauce to pasta ratio. The sauce had an interesting flavour to it, it wasn't your usual overly sweet tomato sauce, it had more depth and flavour to it, it sort of had a bit of a Branston kick to it which worked really well, initially I wasn't too fond of it but after a few spoonfuls I started to really enjoy it. There was a bit of a spice to the sauce and this overall helped make this an enjoyable addition to any meal or even as a meal in itself because I did find it to be very filling!



Rating - 7/10
Vegan - Yes (as far as I can tell)
Calories - 
Buy Again? - Probably

1 comment:

  1. People shun me for this BUT I actually prefer Branston over Heinz! Infact, I would go as far as to say that I don't like Heinz! Shocking I know :D x

    ReplyDelete

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...