Friday 2 October 2015

Skittles Crazy Sours

I know this may sound absurd, but I have never actually had Skittle's before. They had just never really appealed to me, and when i finally did develop a slight curiosity for them I realised that they weren't actually suitable for vegetarians! And, as expected, when I knew that I couldn't have them I only wanted them more... 
So my mum treated me to not just one bag, but three so that I could get the whole Skittle experience. I am a big fan of sour sweets so I decided to try the 'Crazy Sours' first.
I shall go through them by flavour and colour because there is a good chance that I have got the flavours wrong... (The see no evil monkey emoji would have been perfect here, but I am a professional so I shall refrain).

Green (Apple)
I am pretty certain that this flavour was apple, and it was the very first one that I tried. I am glad that I went with this because it tasted a lot like a deliciously tart and crisp Granny Smith Apple! It was sour enough to make your mouth water, but not so much that it was painful to eat, so definitely a win in my opinion.

Orange (Orange)
Even I could identify that this flavour was orange, and if I'm honest, this was by far my least favourite flavour. It tasted really artificial and I found myself leaving most of them out if I'm honest or giving them to my Mum to eat. So this flavour wasn't too great and I think it could do with being taken out of the mix and replaced with a more interesting flavour like pear or perhaps even lemon & lime! Comment below with any better alternatives!

Pink (Raspberry or Strawberry)
This was my favourite flavour, I loved that they had a sour tang that helped to cut through the very sweet flavour of some berry-I am not entirely certain what berry, but I am confident that it was a berry. I think that his was my favourite flavour but I actually really enjoyed all of the flavours so it is only a slight favourite.

Purple (Blackcurrant or Blackberry)
This flavour was a bit sourer than the other flavours but again it worked well, the fruitiness came through well and I enjoyed this flavour, whatever it was.

Yellow (Pineapple)
This was a really nice flavour and probably the strongest in its sour flavour, but this was probably because pineapple is naturally a sour fruit. The flavour only intensified as you chewed away at it.



Rating - 8.25/10
Vegan - Yes
Calories - 218
Buy Again - Yes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm quite fond of the sour ones too. I think the new 'Darkside' is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...