Tuesday 28 July 2015

Twining's Cherry Bakewell Green Tea

Green tea is often synonymous with health and well being, it is believed to contain antioxidants that can prevent certain types of cancer, it is also proven to have the ability to increase your metabolism thus helping weight loss. Some of the claims attributed to green tea have less evidence to support it than others but it certainly can't do you any harm to enjoy a cup or two a day. 
Unfortunately, green tea is quite an acquired taste and many people are put off by this and can't manage to drink it as it is without adding copious amounts of honey. Again, nothing wrong with honey but this simply isn't an option for vegans or those that just don't enjoy the taste of honey. That is why I think flavoured green tea is a wonderful product, especially when they have such unique and delicious sounding flavours.
I won't bore you any longer, so I shall get onto the actual review! The packaging is absolutely lovely, I liked that the main colour was green with pink accents, presumably to represent the cherry? The smell of sweet almond hits you as soon as you open the box and it is very enticing, it smells remarkably like an actual cherry bakewell, but I thought it best to not get my hopes up too much regarding the flavour because I often find that with fruit teas, they smell heavenly but in reality they taste of hot water no matter how long you allow the tea to brew. 
But I was pleasantly surprised to take my first sip and for it to actually taste quite like cherry bakewell! It is a subtle flavour, but certainly identifiable, especially in the aftertaste. It was a nice change from regular green tea as it lacked the usual bitter taste that puts most people off. I can't believe that this is only one calorie a cup and I was surprised that is was actually vegan. I expected for there to be some honey or lactose in it but thankfully not!



Rating – 8/10
Vegan – Yes
Calories – 1
Buy Again – Yes!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna try this but can't find it anywhere! x

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really nice! I found mine in my local large tesco, the other flavours are really lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...