Monday 6 July 2015

Yushoi Snappea Rice Snacks

The ever so kind people at Yushoi sent me a pack if each of the new flavours of their unique, healthy and nutritious snack. Yushoi Snapea Rice Sticks are baked, free from nuts and dairy, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, high in protein and fibre and have no artificial colours, flavourings or MSG….And there are less than 99 calories per bag or per serving!  Incredible but true

Lightly Salted
I really enjoyed this flavour, the salt was very subtle and worked really well with the slight hint of pea. I know that sounds like an odd combination but it really worked very well. They were so light and crispy. These honestly have to be the most innovative snack I have had in a long time! It is so unique and work brilliantly.
Rating – 9/10

Smoked Salt & Szechuan Pepper
Salt and pepper is a flavour combination that is rarely well done. It is either far too peppery and completely unpalatable, or it is so salty and you cannot taste anything else. But this is perfectly balanced. I really enjoyed this flavour and it was well done, a great take on a classic combination.
Rating - 9/10

Sweet Chilli & Lemon
I was initially a little concerned with trying this flavour, mainly because I'm not the biggest fan of spicy food- or at least food so spicy that you can't taste and enjoy the actual flavours because all you can feel is this burning and tongue numbing agony. Anyway, these chilli and lemon snacks were actually really good. I was very impressed with them. I could clearly taste the chilli and there was a very subtle hint of lemon there too which cooled it down.
Rating – 8.75/10

Soy & Balsamic Vinegar
I was intrigued by this flavour combination, never before have I seen. Perhaps I am just ignorant and oblivious to the world around me and this is a classic flavour pair. I suppose this is a high class version on salt and vinegar? Anyway, moving swiftly on…
These tasted lovely, I am really glad that they used balsamic vinegar rather than malt vinegar because it added a nice sweetness. Overall, this was really well done and was a good snack to enjoy with my lunch.
Rating – 9.25/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...