Tuesday 11 August 2015

M&S Sticky Rice with Tenderstem Broccoli and Roasted Red Peppers

Lunch whilst trying to live a vegan or dairy free life can be quite difficult whilst you are out and about so it essential to have some safe foods that you know you can go to without fear. I find this a problem, because soup, which you would presume would be safe, often has hidden ingredients such as animal stock, cream, or egg. This can be infuriating for people with dairy intolerances or those living vegan lifestyles. So my current go to is from Marks & Spencer's Chargrilled Red Pepper & Tenderstem Broccoli Sticky Rice Salad. 
It is absolutely delicious and surprisingly filling, I tend to avoid white rice in favour of things like quinoa or bulgur wheat, so this was something a bit different for me, and I am pleased to say that I really enjoyed this. The broccoli has been steamed and is soft yet has a bite to it, the red pepper is sweet and soft, and the rice was sticky and really indulgent in taste. I really did enjoy this and found it to be a thoroughly satisfying lunch. I found the sauce to be a little strong so I used it as a dip rather than pour it all over. 
I particularly enjoyed the carrot and ginger because it added a nice depth to the overall flavour of the meal and it helped to break up the flavour of the rice.



Rating - 9/10
Vegan - Yes
Calories - 316
Buy Again - Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...