Saturday 14 March 2015

Blue Diamond Chocolate Almond Milk

I don't tend to drink dairy milk because I really don't enjoy the taste or smell so my non dairy milk of choice is almond milk. I enjoy the nutty flavour that is subtle yet enjoyable when paired with porridge oats or muesli, but this isn't a review about plain almond milk, it is about the chocolate variety! 
I didn't really know what to expect when I tried this drink, was it going to be only slightly chocolatey or was it going to be a bitter flavour? Much to my relief it was sweet and creamy, it actually tasted quite a lot like regular chocolate milk if I'm honest. Or at least what I remember of chocolate milk, a frequent drinker of it would probably beg to differ but oh well.
I enjoyed mine frozen like an ice lolly and it was lovely, very refreshing and provided a healthy hit of chocolate that left you feeling satisfied and without a craving.
The calories although higher than regular almond milk, are still significantly less than that of a dairy milk variety. 
Overall it was a pleasant drink that is relatively low in calories, it works perfectly when frozen and I can imagine that it would be a delicious addition to banana smoothies! 



Rating - 8/10
Vegan - Yes
Buy Again - Yes
Calories - 97 per 200ml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...