Monday 7 March 2016

Boots Moroccan Style Roasted Vegetable Salad

Does anyone find that their lunch can quite easily become monotonous? The same thing day in and day out. Same sandwiches, same couscous, same crisps, and same fruit. Well I am fed up of eating exactly the same thing everyday, so today I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and get a salad from Boots. Okay, that doesn't sound too exciting when I put it like that, but this salad is something special.
It is a Moroccan style roasted vegetable salad with couscous and a delicious dressing to go with it. It is vegan as it surprisingly contains no animal products! I thought that there may have been honey in the dressing but no, thankfully not!

The vegetables in this are perfectly roasted, they are soft and smoky in flavour, I particularly enjoyed the butternut squash that was in it because it added a lovely sweetness to it. 
There was a good variety of texture from the different salad vegetables, like the fresh, crispy lettuce and the crunchy steamed green beans. 
The couscous itself was quite mild in flavour with a slight spice to it, this was enhanced by the lovely dressing which came with it. 
Overall I absolutely loved this salad and it is only 145 calories! It is very filling and leaves you feeling very satisfied, plus it is in the meal deal so you can get a yummy snack and refreshing drink to go with it! 



Rating - 9.5/10
Vegan - Yes
Calories - 145
Buy Again? - Definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...