Wednesday 6 May 2015

Moo Free Mini Chocolate Bars

I feel like I am becoming quite the chocolate fiend, which is particularly odd due to my newly found dairy free life. I think that I actually eat more chocolate now than I have in the past several years, but that's another story that I won't bore you all with, not yet anyway...
The thing that I miss the most is chocolate and I thought I would be living off of boring food with little frivolity or whimsy. I am glad to say that I was very wrong! I was aware of Moo Free but I wasn't quite aware of quite how big the range was and how it is rather unique in its offerings. I loved their adorable and cute packaging so it was a no brainier when I came across them in my local Sainsburys, to pick up a bar in each flavour. Unfortunately, they only had two little bars but to paraphrase Shakespeare, they may be little, but the flavour is fierce! (Can you tell that I am planning on doing and English degree?!).
Now, onto the review!

Bunnycomb Bar
Basically this was a honeycomb topped bar of chocolate, it was 25g so a good size that left me feeling satisfied, the chocolate was sweet, smooth and creamy, this worked very well against the crunchy and chewy honeycomb that decorated the top. Overall, this was a really lovely bar to eat, I couldn't actually tell the difference between this and regular chocolate and I can imagine that this would appeal predominantly to children but I would happily eat this bar again!

Rating - 8/10



Minty Moo Bar
This was made in the same style as the previous bar, a plain dairy free chocolate bar with a crunchy mint topping. Very similar to the honeycomb variety but instead of the golden colour, they are white, and a bit like glacé mints. It added a nice bit of texture to the bar, whilst also contributing to the overall flavour of the bar. I really enjoyed this bar, and despite it being aimed at children, I can easily see both adults and children enjoying this as a treat because it isn't overly sweet.

Rating – 8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...