Monday 25 May 2015

Alpen Light Jaffa Cake Bar

Chocolate orange is a classic combination, it works in so many different ways and formats, you can have it as hot chocolate, or you can have it as a cake, and you can even have it in a cereal bar that contains less than 70 calories! That's right, less than 70 calories and it tastes amazing. The orange is natural tasting and the chocolate is strong enough to make itself noticed but not so much as to overwhelm the orange. The smell upon opening the wrapper is divine, it hits you and reminds me of Christmas time when I would gorge myself on Terry’s Chocolate Orange Segsations… 
But no guilt here, for they are a healthy alternative that allows you to enjoy a treat without excessive calories. Basically, I loved this bar and I was actually both shocked and thrilled to realise that these were vegan. I don't think that any of the other Alpen bars are actually vegan, but with a flavour as lovely as this, I’m not too bothered that I can't have any of the others!



Rating – 8.75/10
Calories – 65
Vegan – Yes
Buy Again? – Definitely!

1 comment:

  1. Well this is fab.i miss jaffa cakes and now i dont have to since becoming vegan

    ReplyDelete

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...