Sunday 1 December 2013

Caramel Oats so Simple Pot

Porridge is such a deliciously versatile food but often the flavours can be the same and become a little boring. So when I heard about the new Caramel flavour that Oats So Simple have recently brought out, I just knew that I had to try it! 
Caramel flavoured things always have such an indulgent and luxurious feel to them that I cannot help but love.
Now onto the review, the serving size is good and will keep you full through to lunch without feeling bloated or sickly. The flavour was nice enough but it wasn't really caramel that I could taste, it was more like Golden Syrup which was rather disappointing but perhaps I was expecting too much, it was pretty unlikely that it was going to taste like dulce de leche but hey a girl can dream?
Overall it was a tasty breakfast that was a nice break from my regular vanilla overnight oats but it just doesn't taste like caramel. It was worth a try to satisfy my curiosity and abate my sweet tooth but not if you are looking for a phenomenal taste experience.

Rating - 5.5/10
Calories - 208
Vegan - No

Buy Again - Doubt it
Price - £1.00

1 comment:

  1. Oh how disappointing...if it's billed as caramel then that's how it should taste! Mind you, I always find Oats so Simple a bit lacklustre with their flavours. Far better to add your own yummy fillings to porridge...like peanut butter for example :D

    ReplyDelete

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...