Thursday 3 May 2018

Pret Vegan Cookie Review

A cookie. It isn't often that a cookie makes the news, but this Pret cookie has. It really is quite peculiar how a cookie, has developed such fame simply for being vegan. If only it was quite that easy for the rest of us!
So, as I was saying, the Internet seems to be going absolutely wild for this cookie, and with it being so readily available and only £1.45, all it needs now is to taste good! I suppose that I should move onto the review then and tell you whether or not it is indeed good!

The cookie is Dark Chocolate and Almond Butter flavour and believe me when I say that it is rich. The chocolate cocoa is undeniably strong, making up the base of the cookie, but this works perfectly to create an unwavering sense of indulgence. The almond butter creates a subtle taste to it, adding a nuttiness and depth to the overall taste, along with creating a bit of intrigue of texture. There also seemed to be some patches which were significantly gooier and I think that these may have had more almond butter in them (possibly my favourite bits if I'm honest).
The texture of the cookie itself is slightly chewy, thick, and still retains a bit of crunch. I personally prefer my cookies on the chewier side of things, so I decided to warm it up in the microwave. Guys, this was clearly the correct decision to make, because what was already a tasty cookie, became utterly delicious and let's be honest, pretty darn magical.
I loved how the chocolate chips in it melted, and made the cookie overall even better, with the chocolate merging with the almond butter.

I really hope that these are a permanent feature of the Pret a Manger menu and not a passing flavour or trend because these are absolutely amazing. You don't have to be vegan to enjoy them, but you definitely need to like chocolate because these are super intense and chocolaty!
Overall these are utterly divine and I can't wait to get some more!

Rating - 9/10

Vegan - Yes (It's in the name)

Buy Again - YAAAAAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...