Sunday 5 November 2017

Squirrel Sisters - Raspberry Ripple Bar

First Impressions


 I'm going to be honest, I didn't really know much about the Squirrel Sisters before writing this review, so I made it my mission to find out a bit more. I think I should start off by saying how absolutely stunning their entire brand aesthetic is. Their website is just beautiful, such an easy and fun website to use, with tonnes of character throughout! I shouldn't really be surprised because come on guys, have you seen this packaging?! It is just perfection! The pretty design just makes me feel better about the world-I really am that sad guys...

So basically, they are two sisters who want to make healthy food fun and accessible. I really like this idea, because when you say to someone that you are vegan, they just assume all you eat is lettuce and celery! If you have read my blog, you will know that this is certainly not the case! 
They have a range of four flavours, Raspberry Ripple (the focus of today's review), Cocoa Orange, Cocoa Brownie, and Coconut Cashew. All of the bars are vegan, gluten free, a source of fibre, raw, and created with no added sugar.
Without further ado, I shall move on to the review!

On To the Review


Upon opening the pack, I was greeted by these two mini bars of raspberry ripple. They were quite small, but made for a lovely snack with a cup of tea or coffee, leaving me satisfied after munching. There was a nice subtle smell of raspberry which I enjoyed, this definitely enticed me in and I couldn't resist it any more! 
The texture was nice, soft and squidgy, and it reminded me quite a bit of a Nak'd bar, which obviously, is a very good thing! The flavour was delicious. Raspberry shone through delightfully, with the sweet natural taste being utterly delightful. This was complimented by the more earthy, nutty flavour that made up the base of the bar. This overall made for a lovely treat!

Final Thoughts


Overall, I really enjoyed this bar and would love to try the other flavours available! They all look and sound great, and if this one is anything to go by, then they definitely are! I absolutely love the feel of the brand though, they are a family business, they have a great message and ethos behind them, and their overall aesthetic is perfection! So I would definitely recommend picking up one to try!

Rating - 9/10

Calories - 87 per bar (there are two bars)

Buy Again? - Definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...