Wednesday 1 November 2017

Linda McCartney's Vegan Pulled Pork Burgers

First Impressions


I'm going to be honest here guys, I never really got onto the whole pulled pork thing. I was vegan when it became super popular a few years ago, so I didn't get to be part of it. Nowhere I was aware of made anything even remotely close to an alternative either, so I just gave up on every getting to experience pulled pork. That was, until now! 
The burgers are made from re hydrated textured soya and wheat protein. Alright, I'm going to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what these two things constitute, but I must say, I am intrigued by the way that they have created, what appears to be a meaty, flaked texture. 
The packaging is good. It is clear, easy to read, and the picture looks super appetising! I am a bit confused about why they don't just call them 'Vegan' burgers on the official name though, because they then make that point just underneath? Which, although only a minor issue, which probably only bothers me, I find this really quite peculiar because people who are actually vegan may not realise this and miss out on a great munching opportunity! 


Onto The Review! 


When I got these out of the box I was still a little perplexed. The burgers looked almost spiky and jagged (obviously this was due to the flaked style pieces). I liked this because it made the whole thing feel a little more fun and made it stand out from other burgers on the market currently. 
I popped it onto the tinfoil and placed it in the oven, eagerly waiting for it cook.As it cooked, it filled the house with an enticing sweet and smoky smell, and as you can imagine, it made my stomach rumble! 
The burger came out looking as though it had had a glaze put on it, like an actual BBQ! I thought that this was a really nice touch and definitely added another dimension to the flavour of the burger, as well as texture. 
The flavour was really good. It really did replicate an authentic BBQ taste as though there was a sweetness that went with the flamed flavour. I really loved this. The texture was a little strange, with the meaty pieces being quite chewy, but in small bits. They were bonded together well, so it wasn't as though it was falling apart whilst you are trying to eat it. 

Final Thoughts


I think that this is a really great concept and idea from Linda McCartney foods, because there are so many vegan burgers out there, and a lot are so boring and the same! This really tries to keep veganism mainstream, with them offering a delicious alternative to a popular meat dish.
Overall, I did enjoy this burger. The flavour was good, an odd texture, but I presume that this is similar to actual pulled pork? I'm not too sure, but it wasn't an issue and didn't stop me from enjoying this. 

Rating - 7.5/10

Calories - 150 per burger

Buy Again - Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...