Thursday 10 September 2015

Starburst

Starburst are a staple sweet in the UK and from what I have seen they are very popular in the U.S. With a larger variety of limited editions than we get here, but when do we ever get the exciting flavours ? Anyway, that's enough of my pet peeve, I will get onto the review.

Now I do realise that most people will have tried Starburst before (or Opal Fruits as they were formerly known) but I feel that they deserve a review seeing as they are a national treasure and accidentally vegan! 

Blackcurrant

These had a good strong flavour, and unlike many Blackcurrant flavoured things, it wasn't unpleasant. I tend to avoid Blackcurrant flavoured things for this very reason because often they are too tart or just flavourless but these Starburst seem to have perfectly mastered the combination. Sweet but with a slight sour tang. 

Lemon & Lime
I think that these are my absolute favourites in the pack. I love the fresh flavour of the citrus and how the flavours are so natural tasting. They taste so refreshing, which I one is an odd description to apply to a sweet but it is true. 

Orange
It is shocking how much this actually tastes of fresh oranges. The flavour is just wonderful, I am a lover of all things orange but it is very rare that it is done well and by done well I mean tasting natural. It is obvious that the people at Starburst have used real fruit juice to flavour it rather than artificial additives and it really does shine through.

Strawberry
This flavour was sweeter than the others, but because this was strawberry it worked perfectly. The flavour shone through brilliantly and it is obvious why Starburst are such a well loved sweet all over the world.



Rating - 9/10
Vegan - Yes
Calories - 182
Buy Again - Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...