Tuesday 15 September 2015

Heinz Spaghetti Hoops

I know that this will sound daft, but I only recently discovered that Heinz Spaghetti Hoops were vegan. For some bizarre reason I was under the impression that the pasta was made with egg, but upon further examination I realised that they are in fact vegan (or at least as far as I can tell). Heinz Spaghetti Hoops are a staple product in most households, and it is no wonder because it is quick, easy, healthy, and most importantly, super yummy! I love them, they are perfect for lunch because of how filling they are, plus a big tin is only 214 calories which is pretty darn amazing in my opinion! Okay I do realise that they are quite sweet and not to everybody’s taste, but I really like the sweetness because it works well against the starchy spaghetti. The spaghetti itself is of a good quality and has a nice flavour to it. Basically, I love Heinz staple products, I don't tend to like it when they try weird new flavours and variations. Stick with what you know and you can't go too wrong, although, if Heinz are reading this I would really appreciate a vegetarian/vegan sausage and beans or spaghetti! Or maybe a vegan spaghetti bolognese? 



Rating – 9/10
Vegan – Yes (As Far As I Can Tell)
Calories – 107 per ½ a Tin
Buy Again? – Already Have!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin - just so you know, these are unfortunately not suitable for vegans as they are fortified with Vitamin D (I checked a can in the supermarket today). This Vitamin D is derived from Lanolin, which comes from sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure? Because I thought it was only the original long spaghetti that is fortified? Because the spaghetti hoops and regular spaghetti have different recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a bit of research on this and on Amazon UK the label for spaghetti hoops says 'May contain egg'

    ReplyDelete

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...