Wednesday 25 January 2017

Good Hemp Milk

There are so many dairy free milks currently available that it can be a little difficult to know which is the right one for you. Whenever I go to the shops, I find myself overwhelmed for choice, but ultimately going back to my favourite which I've religiously drank for almost a year.
But it is time for change. We are in a new year, Britain is leave the EU. America has a new president, and once again, we have a female Prime Minister. So I thought, why not try a different milk in my coffee?
Was that not perhaps the most inspirational and life changing thing that you have ever read about milk? Anyway, it was rather a coincidence when I was contacted by the kind people at, "Good Hemp" , asking if I would like to do a blog post on them. I jumped at the chance for it simply had to be serendipity. I myself didn't know much about Good Hemp, so I thought that I had best do a little bit of investigation! 



Good Hemp is a nutritious dairy free alternative to milk. Made from the natural goodness of hemp seed it can be used on cereals, in tea, coffee, natural protein, porridge, cooking or simply as a refreshing drink on its own.
Just one 250ml glass provides 50% of your recommended daily intake of Omega 3, which many experts believe can help support good heart and brain health and circulation.
There are currently 3 varieties in our range all of which are naturally high in Omega 3 and are fortified with Calcium and Vitamin D2.
  • 100% Natural Ingredients
  • Free from Dairy
  • Free from Lactose
  • Free from Soya
  • Free from Nuts
  • Free from Gluten
  • Enriched with Calcium & Vitamin D2
  • Natural source of Omega-3 & 6….just one 250ml glass provides 50% of your recommended daily intake of Omega 3
  • Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans

But then I was a little stumped, shall I create a recipe? Or shall I simply see how well Hemp milk works in place of dairy milk or another milk? I decided on combing the two somewhat creating the ultimate weekend breakfast! 
We shall start with the healthy sustenance which has been a staple part of many diets for hundreds of years. A bowl of porridge. Yes this may not be the most difficult or convoluted of recipes that you could show off on Masterchef, but really, unless you are being judged by Greg and John, who can be bothered with all that drama? So I decided to keep it simple yet full of flavour! 
Erin's Hemptastic Porridge

50g Oats
250ml Hemp Milk
Agave or Maple Syrup
Seasonal Berries
Toasted Coconut Flakes
Flaked Almonds
1. Throw the oats and the Hemp milk into the pan and simmer.
2. When it is the desired consistency, add in some coconut flakes, but leaving some for garnish.
3. Remove from heat and pour into your favourite bowl.
4. Drizzle your preferred syrup to suit your taste.
5. Toss on the rest of the flaked almonds and toasted coconut and berries!
6. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...