Friday 30 March 2018

Spring into Life this Summer

The clocks may have changed, but have you? Are you, like so many other still stuck in a winter rut, doing the same thing every day? Waking up, eating the same breakfast, going to work/uni etc. 
It is so easy to fall into the same patterns, and any form of change becomes almost impossible. The mere thought of trying something new for breakfast sends a chill running down your spine. So, to combat this, I decided to challenge myself to make three changes to my routine and see what, if any impact it has on me. 



Visit New Places! 



I love going to new places, yet I find myself very rarely doing this anymore. Instead resorting to my tried and tested favourites, never wavering from ordering the bean burger or going to the cinema if I fancy a day out. So, this week I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and visit a Harry Potter exhibition where they had real owls! It was an incredible experience being able to touch such a beautiful animal and find out more about them. I also had the chance to learn about work that charities like the RSPB do to protect the owls and other birds in Britain.
In addition to this, I also attended a vegan fair! It had so many fabulous independent businesses from all over the country. Each of them promoting the importance of animal well fare. They proudly showcased their products, proving that vegan food isn't just lettuce and carrot sticks. There was such a lovely atmosphere there, and I loved that by buying these products, especially knowing that I was helping to support small businesses! 


Stop Putting off Friends


We are all guilty of saying, 'Oh we need to meet up', but never actually following through. It isn't because you don't want to see each other, but just that sometimes life takes over. Everyone has their own thing going on, and you struggle to find a time when you can all coordinate schedules. But maintaining friendships is so important and really can lift your mood. Plus, who doesn't love a good catchup over lunch and coffee?
So I did just that. I met up with one of my closest friends and laughed so much my cheeks hurt, and I even tried a new restaurant! I also managed to arrange a night with uni friends where we put the world to rights and simply enjoyed being each others company. It really is moments like these which you treasure. Friends truly are brilliant, and spending time with them is such an effective way to improve your mood!




Make a Plan (or Two!)


Obviously, you can't do everything at once. That just isn't possible, but sometimes just having something to look forward to can have such a good impact upon how you are feeling. Knowing that you have a holiday planned to celebrate your end of year exams, having tickets booked with your friends to see your favourite band play. It doesn't have to be something monumental it simple things like a day trips and saving up for those dreamy velvet loafers! Forgive the cliche, but it really is the little things in life which really matter.
So what have I learnt from this? Well, nothing I didn't already know I suppose. But sometimes you need to be reminded of why it is so important to actually do these things. Putting words into action, and not just think about making that change! 
There are so many things which you have the power to change in your life if you aren't happy with it. They don't have to be drastic, it can be going for a walk every day to get your step count up and get a bit of fresh air, or cutting out meat. There are so many little changes, but they all have the power to make a big difference. 


So make that change, and spring into life this summer!

1 comment:

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...