Friday 11 July 2014

Chia Pods

Chia seeds are very good for you with all sorts of health benefits and as a result this is quickly becoming the next big superfood. They are full of protein, omega 3, calcium whilst being relatively low in calories, so what's not to love? Well on their own they have very little flavour but they are versatile and rather good at taking on flavour as they swell up and resemble tapioca. 
I have been wanting to try chia seeds for a while but didn't really trust my cooking abilities to make my own chia pudding so when I spotted this Mango Chia Pod in Tesco I just had to pick it up! Now be warned they are rather expensive at over £2 for one small pod.

Now onto the review, flavour is quite nice albeit a little muted, it is free of any artificial sweeteners or sugar so it does have a lovely natural flavour which was live and refreshing on a warm summer day. The pudding part itself was lovely and thick and somehow quite creamy despite being devoid of any cream or even dairy products.

I can't wait to try the rest of the flavours that are available but I don't actually know where I would get them from




Rating - 8/10
But Again - Yes
Vegan - Yes
Calories - 164 (Vanilla) , 149 (Mango)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Toxic Productivity

I promised myself that I wasn't going to write about corona, because that really isn't what this blog is about, but with something t...